That might be what cause us to evolve this far without going extinct, but I feel like we could do so much better. Most of us are smart, caring people (at least I’d like to believe). I’ve always thought about what would happen if we took a select few and colonized a remote island. Here I would instill pure trust in every person and hopefully that would be passed through the generations. I know it would be impossible, but it’s still nice to imagine a world without lies, selfishness, and hate.
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Island in the Sun
It’s terrible how humans treat each other. I have just read the section where that Haitian got beat to death and Farmer had to document his condition. How can people treat each other in that manner? Do people forget that other people have feelings and memories of their own? Sometimes I just hate the human race, and I don’t blame people for feeling the same way. But it’s situations like what happened to Chouchou that cause distrust and disunity between people. Humans evolved to be selfish and protective of their own life.
That might be what cause us to evolve this far without going extinct, but I feel like we could do so much better. Most of us are smart, caring people (at least I’d like to believe). I’ve always thought about what would happen if we took a select few and colonized a remote island. Here I would instill pure trust in every person and hopefully that would be passed through the generations. I know it would be impossible, but it’s still nice to imagine a world without lies, selfishness, and hate.
That might be what cause us to evolve this far without going extinct, but I feel like we could do so much better. Most of us are smart, caring people (at least I’d like to believe). I’ve always thought about what would happen if we took a select few and colonized a remote island. Here I would instill pure trust in every person and hopefully that would be passed through the generations. I know it would be impossible, but it’s still nice to imagine a world without lies, selfishness, and hate.