Of course I was a bit shocked when I heard it, but it made sense. How many animals would I kill to save the life of someone I held dear? Putting my own stories aside, I did enjoy this piece. The reading was simple and the tone was naïve. I also enjoyed the flow of the piece; “Babycakes” was told like a story but without the details. There were enough details to make a point, but not enough to make it believable. “Baby flesh is tender and succulent”. That part will stick with me the most.
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
How Many Bunnies Would You Kill?
I’m worried about writing a response to “Babycakes” because it is a short piece. Either way, I feel like I have some things to say. I am somewhat against animal testing. I remember a long time ago in middle school I had this English teacher. She was very outspoken and fun. She also had told us that she just had a baby girl. One day the discussion about animal testing came up. She said she was against things like putting shampoo in animal’s eyes to see if it’s damaging but she did say, and I quote, “but if animal testing could save the life of my daughter, I’d kill one thousand rabbits.”
Of course I was a bit shocked when I heard it, but it made sense. How many animals would I kill to save the life of someone I held dear? Putting my own stories aside, I did enjoy this piece. The reading was simple and the tone was naïve. I also enjoyed the flow of the piece; “Babycakes” was told like a story but without the details. There were enough details to make a point, but not enough to make it believable. “Baby flesh is tender and succulent”. That part will stick with me the most.
Of course I was a bit shocked when I heard it, but it made sense. How many animals would I kill to save the life of someone I held dear? Putting my own stories aside, I did enjoy this piece. The reading was simple and the tone was naïve. I also enjoyed the flow of the piece; “Babycakes” was told like a story but without the details. There were enough details to make a point, but not enough to make it believable. “Baby flesh is tender and succulent”. That part will stick with me the most.